Interview Question: List your strengths – Answer
In our interview questions series we are trying to answer each and every important interview question which are asked in most of the interviews and help you prepare for the big day. In an attempt to simplify the answer, in this part we are covering the next big question:
“What is your greatest strength?”
There are different ways in which this question can be asked.
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your strengths?
- What is your biggest strength?
- Which quality of yours you rate the highest?
- What skills would you bring to the table?
- Which is the best skill to have for a corporate role?
- What are your hobbies & why?
Purpose of this question
If you are receiving this question, it means that the interviewer wants to understand your key strengths and how it would help to decide your fitment for the given role. They want to understand about your personality and also see how it fits in to their required profile.
How to handle it
- You should select a quality in which you are strong (if you’re not sure, ask someone who has taught or employed you). You should have 3 – 4 such qualities handy.
- Be prepared with relevant examples which can be either from your workplace / college / school or your life instances where in you showcased such examples.
- Try to make it relevant with the roles & responsibilities provided for the current job description for which you are being interviewed.
Types of strengths
- Experience related strength
- Transferable strength
- Skill based strength
If you have any questions for us or want to share your experiences, please do share in the comment section below. Our experts are here to support with their feedbacks, problem solving approach and experience sharing.