Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
It includes any marketing which is done on search engine network. The major search engine networks are Google, Bing and Baidu. Marketing through search engines could either be organic or paid. In both these formats the marketeers have to focus on Search Engine Result Pages (SERP). In both the cases relevant keyword planning is very important to improve the result set.
- Organic – In organic SEM, a marketer aims to bring it’s website or business page at the top of the search result page set.
- Pay per click (PPC) – In the PPC segment, a marketer has to work on setting up bidding strategies to rank at the top of the ads displayed on any search page.
Social Media Marketing
It refers to the marketing pattern where in all the efforts are made on different social media sites like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and so on.
You can have a social media presence by having company / product page on the respective social media of importance to you. It is used to bring awareness or drive traffic towards your product page and help in sales leads generation. Social media marketing functions in the following ways:
- Periodic posts – These posts can help in knowledge dissemination with respect to the product or offers or the features.
- Events – If some event is planned they can be promoted through the social media followers and their shares, likes & comments. Few social media sites have complete feature to accommodate events related features like RSVP, event details like venue and time.
- Feedback & Ratings – Many social media sites allows customers / users to provide public feedback on the company’s / product page.
- ADs – Brands / companies can put up ads as per their needs i.e. whether they want to generate traffic or leads or announcements.
This is one of the traditional forms of online marketing to have a more personalized approach to connecting with the target segment or existing customers. There are various software available for email marketing which helps in tracking the Email open rate, Click rate, delivery rate and so on.
Emails can be used in the following ways:
- Transactional Email – These emails help in notifying customers of different steps in their product buying life cycle or help them in tracking of their product delivery or monetary information with respect to their transaction.
- Promotional Email – These are generally used for promotion purpose like sending an offer info, new product launch, upcoming event or new scheme announcement
In today’s world content is called King of marketing. Whether it’s for social media, SEO, influencers, link building or PR activities, a good content is the key to making any campaign viral and leaving a long lasting awareness on the prospects.
Content can be in text format, image, GIFs, infographics, videos or slides. There are many free content sharing medium available which help in reaching the target audience. The content quality varies from writer to writer. So to take care of the quality, ghost writers are employed for generating new relevant content. Before creating a content, an even more activity is to decide the keywords or topics on which content has to be generated. This activity is generally taken care by division heads by rigorously discussing different options & aspects in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
It is the process of earning a commission by marketing other people’s or company’s products. If you find a product which you like, you can promote it to others, and then earn a piece of the profit for completion of each sales process. Affiliate marketing is a cost effective means of combining existing marketing techniques with technology and achieve desired business success.
It is generally defined as a referral program where individuals or organizations can refer leads to the company who has introduced the affiliate marketing scheme. Then whenever there is a conversion, the referrer receives the commission as per defined by the company.